Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Goodbye Dick!

I was watching Fox and Friends this morning before leaving for work. Aside from Tiki Barber guest hosting (and doing a pretty competent job), nothing was really interesting. That was until they reported another rumor about the Vice President resigning. We’ve heard this before (some of my readers are hoping he does), but the way the story was presented makes me believe that this one has merit.

The story (and I forget who it comes from but it’s a magazine) goes thusly. Cheney and Bush are feuding. There is no clear-cut GOP candidate for President. Cheney isn’t running for President. Good thing too! He has heart problems. The Veep has a tendency to shoot other people when he’s out hunting. He and the bird flu share the same poll numbers. Not the most stellar choice.

Cheney (or so this story goes) will resign right after the midterms in November. Why wait until November? The simple answer is that Scooter Libby’s trial is going to start right after that. The Veep is going to be called to testify. Day after day, it will be the same thing. What did VP Cheney know and when did he know it? The White House needs to move on.

My question is: Why wait until after the midterms? Cheney is a huge drag on the Administration (which has many problems). It might be time to start cutting people and re-focus. Everyone will go around saying: “Oh no! If Cheney leaves, who will be President?” The President will be President, move on from your “paranoia”.

I like the Veep. In 2000, I asked myself why he and Lieberman weren’t running instead of Bush and Gore. The VP candidates seemed like better presidential material than the other two. My opinions of both GWB and Veep have changed. It’s time for some changes.

If Cheney goes (and I think he should), Secretary of State Rice should become VP. Who’s left? McCain would never take the VP spot. Frist is the worst Majority Leader I’ve ever seen (and Daschle was a brainless twit). Speaker Hastert is retiring after the 2008 election. Senator Allen of Virginia maybe? The new VP becomes the presumptive GOP nominee in 2008. The only two GOP candidates I’d support (right now) are Secretary Rice or Senator McCain.

It’s time to shake the Administration up. Lame duck is starting to set in and there’s three years left.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Jim, I was having a wonderful day. Why did you have to go and try to ruin it by reminding me we still have a couple years left of this twit we call a President?

VP candidate....hmmm let me think about that one....

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home