Monday, January 22, 2007

Bear Down, Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears are the NFC Champions!

You’ve doubtless heard this a thousand times already, but it bears (get it) repeating. This team is incredible.

I kept flipping back and forth during the first part of the game out of fear of watching a disaster in the making. By the end of the game, I was kicking myself for not entering a drawing for NFC Championship tickets. Like you, I cringed every time Grossman threw a pass. Like you, I breathed a sigh of relief every time a pass was caught. A total dominating effort by the Bears puts us in Miami for the Super Bowl.

Congrats to the AFC Champion Indianapolis Colts. I’m not a big AFC fan, but I rooted for the Colts. Peyton Manning is a phenomenal quarterback and a really nice guy. I met him several years ago via a friend of mine in Indy. He deserves this trip to the Super Bowl and our respect for making it. However, the Bears deserve our cheers on February 4th.

Congrats also go to Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy, the coaches of the two Miami-bound teams. I certainly didn’t know this going into the Bears game (I didn’t watch pre-game), but Lovie is the first African-American NFL coach to take his team to the Super Bowl. History repeated itself four hours later when the Colts won. A great day for America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home