Saturday, July 22, 2006

Diatribe

“Just call him the Diversity Fairy. He waves his magic wand and diversity appears.”

The past week has been interesting. It started off (obviously) last Saturday with a trip to Fairview Heights to get Kennealy and bring him back to Springfield for Sunday’s MIG meeting. As always, my traveling buddy Shana drove (after my pylon incident at MIG, she doesn’t trust my driving). This time, we took her mother’s brand new Corolla (all the more reason not to let me drive). Since we got a later start (and it was completely miserable, hot and humid), we didn’t hang out in St. Louis. We picked up John and came back to Springfield.

In Springfield, I got a hotel room because we weren’t sure where people would end up sleeping that night. We went out to a couple bars, watching Kennealy beat the shit out of Walcher at darts and met up with Jen and Kovats. After a while, we went back to Jen’s to talk. Bedtime was roughly 3:30. Sleeping arrangements you ask? Kennealy stayed at Walcher’s, Shana went home to Decatur to drop off the car and I ended up splitting the room with McFarland. Yes, I shared a room with Scott McFarland and no one died. I know you’re as shocked as I am.

The next morning, McFarland and I went to breakfast. We ran into Mitchell and Meghan Sims, the MIG Chief Justice, coming into Steak and Shake, so we ate together. During the conversation, I discovered that the Diversity Fairy had left Western for Indiana. JB replaces Cavins (they obviously wanted a woman in that spot) and Maxwell leaves WIU. It’s my hope that student activities can survive without the great Diversity Fairy. Yes, I am being sarcastic. This is the best thing that could happen to WIU short of Garry realizing everyone hates him and he leaves town.

MIG meeting happened and we went to dinner. After dinner, Walcher, Shana and I took Kennealy to the train station (since he couldn’t get a ride back to St. Louis). I bought his train ticket because that’s what big brothers do for little brothers. Don’t think I did it for free. I’ll get my money back. I’m cheap remember?

Undoubtedly, any diatribe regarding the President’s veto of the stem cell bill will result in Nazi Boy turning into Veenefreak and he’ll try to get me removed from the College Republican Facebook group. Nazi Boy needs to start dating Bigot Bitch because they are so much alike. You disagree with them; you have to be punished. The President was wrong, but the House couldn’t override so it’s a moot point now.

Besides that, it’s been a regular week. The usual stuff happened. Israel bombs everyone, Springfield gets a hurricane and I do a little work. Yeah, all in all, a regular week. I don’t remember exactly who said that, but it’s funny!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll never forget this exchange in the Senate when Appointments brought forth four candidates for five positions on a university committee...

Maxwell: I'm a little disturbed to see the Appointments' committee choosing four white males to this committee...

Bonomo: Point of information! I'm half-Chinese.

Noble: I'm half-Chinese too!

Stauder: I'm a student with a disability.

Howard: And the only female student who applied didn't bother to show up for her interview.

Maxwell: The committee should still actively reach out to minority organizations to fill these positions.

Mount (to Hart): Ever notice how there's no comment from Maxwell on the all white-male cabinet?

Hart: Yeah.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home