Tuesday, June 06, 2006

MHS Redux

June 24th hangs like a dark cloud threatening to envelope everybody in a hurricane-like maelstrom. OK, I’m being overdramatic again. The 24th is the day of my 15-year high school reunion. Every five years, we bring the band back to Macomb for a couple of days. We’re having the reunion during Heritage Days weekend. This is good because a lot of people go home for Heritage Days anyway. This means that (hopefully) more people will attend the festivities.

The actual reunion is planned for the Forum at 8ish on Saturday night. The Forum is the old Illinois Theater. It was turned into a bar after I left Western. That in itself is going to be interesting because I cannot picture anything else other than theater being there. Like any old time theater, there were balconies. The reunion is going to be on the upper floor. More on that situation as it develops

Shana is going along for the ride this year. Actually, we’re taking her car so I’m probably the one taking the ride (I have to pay for the hotel rooms). I am riding the train up to Joliet on the evening of the 22nd. The train is supposed to get there about 7:30 PM. If it gets there on time (or shortly thereafter), I might want to go to the riverboat and donate a couple dollars to the education fund. Friday is a day to play by ear. We might head into the City or go north to visit Ira (if he isn’t on one of his globetrotting adventures). Whatever we do, we’ll head to Macomb that afternoon. Friday night is supposed to be the kick-off of the reunion at the Pace.

I’m looking forward to the trip. It will be nice to see everyone again. I’ve been going through old photos and stuff from high school. I had no idea I kept so much stuff, but I did. I have old Sentinels (the MHS school paper) sitting in a plastic tub. I should see if the school would want them back. I’m not using them.


The picture at the top are the old football bleachers at MHS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

I've got my 5 year coming up in a few months. Have fun.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on finally updating your blog? BTW, what is this riding thing about again? ;-)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home