Tuesday, March 14, 2006

That Wasn't Fun

The Bombers lost on Friday night. They played well during the first quarter and kicked it in during the fourth quarter, but just quite put it away. The 14-point loss was not indicative of the game. I told people that I didn’t know any of the kids on the team, but I was wrong. I thought that Dustin Bainter sounded familiar. Sure enough, he and his family went to the same church that I attended during my early Macomb days. Mind you, he was a toddler at that time but it’s a connection nonetheless. No matter how many years you might be away from high school, you always root for your alma mater. Macomb was one of the elite eight and has no reason to be ashamed of a 29-2 season.

The West Wing returned on Sunday night. I was happy that it came back, but the episode sucked. I guess they’re holding off on the good stuff until the end of the season/series. During the show, Channel 17 broke in about a storm near New Berlin. As Law and Order: CI was starting, Channel 17 went to weather coverage because a tornado was coming through Springfield. The tornado completely destroyed parts of Springfield.

It was scary to watch Channel 20 (the Springfield station) show Springfield go completely dark. I thought about calling JP, but realized that he wouldn’t want to talk to me while trees and buildings were falling around him. I went to work yesterday and called him to check on him. We met up last night after work to survey the damage. After driving around town, JP and I went to the 30th floor of the Hilton to get a drink and talk. I call Kennealy and Walcher my little brothers, but I had never really had a chance to sit down alone with Walcher and talk to him. In the midst of complete devastation, one needs to hold his or her friends close.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet nothing about the loss of the Illini? WTF Jim!?!?!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mac said...

Sir, I disagree.... that was a fine episode of the West Wing.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home